Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Explain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok so let me preface this by saying that graffiti, that is to say, artwork people draw on other people's shit, can be pretty awesome. I've looked in the same books everyone else has and a lot of that shit is damn rockin'.

What I don't get is tagging. Defacing people's shit I'm down with, I derive amusement from witnessing it. But what's the point? Just scribbling a name on something... wow whoopee you can write an alias. How does this compare at all to actual artwork.

Someone explain!
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 pm

First there is the art aspect: the style, color, and medium (Stickers, Markers, Spray Paint, Rollers, etc.) you use to write it in. There is a lot of technique involved and it isn't as easy to make look awesome as it seems. Then there is the point of getting it up without people ever catching you in action and wondering how the fuck you got it where you did, danger aspect I guess. And it's pretty fun to do.

Plus there is a hole culture that follows it. Not gang related either.

True it will only matter to yourself and others that tag, to everyone else it is either just a cool piece of street art or it's something that pisses them off cause they have to keep painting over it.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:00 am

I think you're confusing my meaning. I'm just talking about what I've seen you and Justin doing, where you write your aliases on easy-to-reach objects. All you're doing is scribbling a name in marker.

I'm not talking about actual artwork, just the name thing.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:37 am

HisMajesty wrote:
I think you're confusing my meaning. I'm just talking about what I've seen you and Justin doing, where you write your aliases on easy-to-reach objects. All you're doing is scribbling a name in marker.

Well it is best to not base your opinion on a one time experience and understand that you don't alway carry paint with you nor do you do it in broad daylight. Plus getting the name up in general is important. Like if you ever notice small names all over the place then you see a burner somewhere with the same name. One is for when you are on the run or broke, the other is for when you have time. Notice the ones around here, not to say they are any good, but these guys are everywhere:

Hexx
Reser
TZM

And not always in paint. Not even always in marker. People that write often notice.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:08 am

Ok but regardless why not do the cool artsy shit instead of just writing a name? I bet there's a lot of people who only write a name and aren't even capable of doing any real art.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 am

This is true. These people are called "Toys", you may have heard it thrown around.

And as for always doing big pieces, It's expensive and it wont be noticed by as many people. Most people want a combination of both. But I am all for people that just do paint. I sure as hell can't afford that as of right now. But I can get better markers. Not sharpies. lol
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:21 am

Well I mean using markers isn't bad just make something neat. Shit even some well-placed smiley faces or doodles like that with a marker on a hard-to-reach area would be pretty awesome to see.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:59 am

lol Smiley faces make everything cool.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 am

No seriously I'd rather see some badass smiley face or maybe one of your stick-figure-robots-who-stomps-shit written on an overpass than some illegible letters in a shitty ugly font.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain   Explain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chose One Making You Better Feeling :: Underground :: Taggin'-
Jump to: