Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aion Release And Class Choice.

Go down 
+3
gh05tf0x
Paradox
The Reverend
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:50 pm

PS3 still sucking, ain't she? Razz
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Actually, no, check VG charts, PS3 sales are better then 360's, because like I said, all the good shit was just a while off, they should have waited to release it.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:50 am

Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Lolwuta
Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Happycharlie
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Leave it up to the Japanese...they know the way of the samurai.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:16 am

It's a new trend dude, you have to look at daily sales, it's through the fuckin' roof.

Obviously they have some catching up to do over the grand scheme of things, but by the looks of these new trends, they'll pass 'em up soon.

Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Chartsp
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:16 am

What?? No, dude, you have to look at all time sales. Of course Xbox360 sales will be falling precipitously; who the fuck do you know who has wanted a 360 and STILL hasn't got one? Fuck, man *I* have a 360, do you remember my history with consoles? Razz
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm

So look at the all time sales, you are acting like that's an unclosable gap.

Exactly, everyone has a 360 "already" and they aren't that far ahead, look at those recent sales, if it continues like that, they'll be caught up real soon. 360 is only really big here in the U.S. and nobody I know has a PS3 yet (I know like 2 people). In the long run, the PS3 will overtake it, because the 360 has a major flaw just like the Dreamcast. They didn't win the format war and so they are already doomed to using inferior technology.

There are MANY other factors that will contribute to its fall. But yeah.

Just a prediction of course, but that's what I take from the charts and the history of past console sales.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 am

gh05tf0x wrote:
In the long run, the PS3 will overtake it, because the 360 has a major flaw just like the Dreamcast. They didn't win the format war and so they are already doomed to using inferior technology.

I have supported the 360 since its inception but have always realized that it will lose out in the long run to the PS3. This is the beginning of the shift. The PS3 has superior gaming components and now a competitive price which will steadily increase sales. I also have to agree with gh05tf0x on the matter of knowing people with the console. I don't know a single person with a PS3 but I know a lot of people that want one. Added with the new wave of blu-ray media, the PS3 seems to be slotted to crush the 360 in future sales.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 am

Has there been any information regarding NEXT next gen? The 360 has been around for what, 4 years now?
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:58 pm

I haven't heard anything substantial about the Xbox 720 or Phoenix or whatever new working title they have, or the PS4. I think this means it is safe to say that for the better part of the next 5 years we are stuck with the 360 and PS3. As time progresses and giving PS3's new ad campaign, price, and technological superiority it is only logical to assume that it will out sell, out preform, and out last the 360.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 am

Out selling and out lasting do not equal out performing. The 360 has been extremely successful for its entire lifespan; I do not necessarily believe that all the money Sony has burned over the past couple years not even close to breaking even on advertising campaigns or production costs will be erased in a matter of 5 years. The 360 has one hell of a head start as far as profits goes.

Also, the higher the amount of consoles sold, the LESS profit. All boxes are sold at a tremendous loss; expenses are recuperated in the games themselves. I absolutely do not expect the PS3 to ever catch up in profitability. The 360 has seen some insanely popular games in its life.

For example MGS4 (the most popular PS3 exclusive) has sold 4.4 million copies, world-wide. That is a pittance. 360 MW2 alone sold 7.23 million copies, and it's not even an exclusive. The PS3 version of MW2 sold nearly HALF that number at 4.8 million.

If you add up the top 500 most-sold games for the 360 and the PS3, the 360 adds up to 316.71 million and the PS3 adds up to a measly 189.96 million. The PS3 simply doesn't, and won't, have enough exclusives to ever dream of catching up to the profitability the 360 has seen. Not to mention the PS3 has several years of utter failure and money wasting to make up for, all during which the 360 was going strong.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:55 am

The Thinker wrote:
out performing.

Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Lens71216021253581621ri

?

Like that didn't take a huge chunk out of their pocket and reputation. Just about every single person I know that has owned a 360 had that happen once. A few more then twice. And mine even needed some Video Slot realigned.

You are really grasping at straws here, we aren't even necessarily talking about turning a profit, we are just talkin' numbers, and you refuse to see that 360/Xbox have always been very genre specific systems, well, very American anyway. There is a huge audience that Microsoft generally doesn't answer to.

And MGS4 was the biggest exclusive/title released "SO FAR".
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 am

Of course I meant so far, regarding MGS4. The thing is, both machines are so well established now, what would be the point in releasing anything as exclusive for either one? Aside from in-house games (like Halo or whatever), it'd be much wiser to do dual releases. Even so, it seems like most exclusives coming out are for the 360. You're right about genres, too. You might notice that a large number of PS3 sales are non-American. This makes me wonder if there's lots of fancy exclusives coming out in Japan-only, like how it was with the PS2?

And if you're only counting numbers, rather than profit, it does seem reasonable, at least to me, to count game sales too. Plus, how can you say the PS3 "won" if they made significantly less money? Isn't that the name of the game? :P

EDIT: And also I'm not talking about reputation or any of that. I agree that Microsoft has always had a rocky reputation. Although, I don't think I know anyone who was unable to get a RROD system replaced completely free (even past warranty, unless they'd opened the box), so I think in the long run, their handling of the situation might win them more favor than it lost them. Sony was looked down on when the price was absurdly high, but I don't think anyone really REMEMBERS or cares about that anymore, so I think people generally see them neutrally.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 pm

The Thinker wrote:

If you add up the top 500 most-sold games for the 360 and the PS3, the 360 adds up to 316.71 million and the PS3 adds up to a measly 189.96 million. The PS3 simply doesn't, and won't, have enough exclusives to ever dream of catching up to the profitability the 360 has seen. Not to mention the PS3 has several years of utter failure and money wasting to make up for, all during which the 360 was going strong.

What about Blu-ray sales? A key feature of the PS3 is the Blu-ray player component. Considering any decent Blu-ray player cost around the price of the PS3 I see Sony drawing a lot of sales from this. I mean why would you buy just a Blu-ray player when you can by one that is a game console and made by Sony. Also a recent ad I have seen supports the idea of the PS3 being more of a necessity to any decent entertainment system. Not to mention Sony develops and partly owns Blu-ray technology, they draw a profit off all Blu-ray's sold.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Yeah? So what. Microsoft develops and entirely owns Windows, which pulls in a lot more money than anything Sony does combined. So what? Bluray doesn't matter anyways; it's losing to DVD. Most people aren't looking to switch from DVDs.

EDIT: Case in point. As you can see here, Sony Games has been losing money (that means not ANY profit has been made) for the past two years. They are TWO YEARS in the red. Microsoft has been making PILES of money hand-over-fist every single year on the 360. Sony's best estimates say they still won't make shit for money NEXT year. How is this a success??

I don't understand why you guys are so defensive of Sony. I don't hate Sony because I'm a Microsoft fanboy. I don't give a shit about any of the systems that much (though I have come to terms with the disappointment that was the Wii). I hate Sony because, as you two seem to have forgotten, they were HUGE cockmonglers back in 2006.

Remember the CEO claiming customers would pay $650, and that really they should pay more? Remember when the president of SCEA lied to try and make it sound like people were buying the PS3, when really pretty much everyone buying one was trying to resell?

I don't hate Sony just to hate Sony. Sony acted like arrogant pricks in 2006. They marched in and dumped a $650 system on their fans, alienating their base and then insulting them when they complained about the price. Now, they are floundering, not even making profits.

I am happy to see them fail because I think it's hilarious when people get what's coming to them.
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Patience is key mai friend. Take note there are people out there like me that dont really give for the 360. It would be chill if I did have a 360. But during the times everyone would see me play the Ps2 more.

Think of what would happen probably this Christmas or Black Friday and New Years. Everybody has a 360 now yesh? What about the systems they dont have??? Now think of the games that was epic for the ps2 (if you played some of the Ps2 games.) Now think of their sequels.

PLEASEEE ENIX!!! THROW DOWN A PHOENIX DOWN AND REVIVE FF INTO A GOD!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!! I CANT HANDLE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:26 am

You fail to realize how defensive YOU are. You always have to spin a point to something else just to make your case. You my friend are the definition of a hater. And in the words of DJ Falcon, "No haters."

I'm done.

I'm washing my hands of the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 pm

My only point in this whole debacle is that the PS3 is a better system then the Xbox 360 technologically and it will last longer than the 360.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:44 am

I'm not defensive at all. If Sony came out and genuinely admitted to, and apologized for, their shittery back in 2006/2007, I would forget all about it. I don't hate the system, I'm sure it's a fine console (though it doesn't have many exclusives). I'm not the definition of a hater because my hate is reasonable, and it is very easy for it to be cleared up (apologizing to their consumer base for their shit).

You said that the PS3 would do better in the long run than the 360, and I had to point out why that was wrong. You can get angry all you like and ditch the thread, but the fact of the matter is that the PS3 will never outdo the 360. This generation is already set in stone. Wii, 360, PS3. In that order.

Paradox: What does that even mean, "last longer"? Last longer in what sense? They will still sell it far into the future? They still sell PS2s and xBox's. What does that even mean? And don't try to bullshit me, because if your point was that it was only technologically better, the implication that you ever thought we were arguing specs makes you look rather foolish.
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 am

This has nothing to do with Aion. Please Make new thread and discuss your shit elsewhere. Lol
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

The Thinker wrote:
I'm not defensive at all. If Sony came out and genuinely admitted to, and apologized for, their shittery back in 2006/2007, I would forget all about it. I don't hate the system, I'm sure it's a fine console (though it doesn't have many exclusives). I'm not the definition of a hater because my hate is reasonable, and it is very easy for it to be cleared up (apologizing to their consumer base for their shit).

Apologizing will make you not hate them anymore? Apologizing somehow fixes everything?

*Deep Sigh*

Your liberal hippie douche is showing.

The Thinker wrote:
You said that the PS3 would do better in the long run than the 360, and I had to point out why that was wrong. You can get angry all you like and ditch the thread, but the fact of the matter is that the PS3 will never outdo the 360. This generation is already set in stone. Wii, 360, PS3. In that order.

The PS3 as a system will do better in the long wrong, I don't give a shit if Sony fucked up and isn't making a profit on it. It has more lasting power and still hasn't released shit for those titles everyone has really been waiting for since release. That is what we are talking a about, the PS3 itself.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I don't mean the company issuing a press release apology, I mean the specific individuals involved in the shenanigry to come out and apologize personally for being faggots. It would show humility, and the only reason I hate them is hubris. The two cancel out, obviously.

But in order for it to do better in the long run it will have to make HUGE profits to cancel out the two+ years of non-profit. Do you really expect it to win when the 360 has such an absurd head start? The 360 has been profiting nonstop since its release. The PS3 has yet to turn a single penny.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 am

Obvious troll is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:57 am

Oh I had figured but wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Sony can't stop. Won't stop.

Being douchebags.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069406p1.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aion Release And Class Choice.   Aion Release And Class Choice. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion Release And Class Choice.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next