Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Old Republic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49936

Aww shit niggahs.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:57 am

Shocked All the convincing I needed. WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THE MOVIES LIKE THIS?!
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 am

After reading a ton about the game, I know NOTHING about the game.

I have to say I'm pretty worried that it's going to be too much like WoW.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 am

Meh, I don't find that to be a bad thing. As long is it is as like WoW as I think it is, I seriously would be fine with a Star Wars skinned WoW, I really would. At least I would know the game was quality, but most Star Wars games end up leaving this reviewer.....col' (A little Oswaldo fo' yuh ass)
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 am

At this stage in the game, I hate WoW. I think I am permanently done, I haven't played the game in 6 months, and every time I try to play it I get sickened with boredom.

This is the same way I felt about Everquest shortly before WoW came out. WoW showed me that I could like MMOs, for the time being. Now, I am completely tired of Warcraft, and hoping this new game will be different enough, as WoW was for EQ, to re-lure me.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 pm

As long as they bring in a class system similar to the original SWG. When SOE got their hands on it they fucked it all up. If you can make yourself a Jedi or Sith from the character selection screen, I don't think I will have much hope for the game.

The original SWG class system worked as follows, you would gain skill points in a particular skill by performing that skill. The more you performed it the higher you could advance in your training and the more abilities you could learn relative to that skill area.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 am

You know, you're the only person I know in the whole wide world that liked the old system and isn't a nerdcore obese aspberger's kid.

The old SWG system for becoming a Jedi was fucking ridiculous, and only the hardest of hardcore people (think like Tab/Joey and Tkaron/Brad, on 24/7) ever got it.

Granted, SOE's system sucked too, from what I hear, but requiring insane time input isn't the way to go about it.

That said, I am almost 100% positive, based on what I've read, that Sith Lord and Jedi Knight will be available as starting classes.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 am

I wasn't thinking about the whole Jedi thing. I am very for titles like that needing to be earned. Starting off as the most bad ass of bad asses is kinda dumb, because why would you choose anything else? Which brings in the question, are they making a bunch of other classes that aren't Jedi/Sith that will be taken as equal alternatives? That some bullshit right thur.

I agree that making them a time sink isn't the way to go about it, but you should have to earn the title of being a Jedi/Sith imo.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:13 am

Well, odds are you will start as an extremely shitty Jedi/Sith dude. Presumably, they will be the melee characters. The only two classes to actually be revealed yet are the Republic Trooper and the Bounty Hunter. Presumably, they will be balanced alongside Jedi/Sith.

The idea, I believe, is that the player classes will be extremely elite. As in, the Republic Trooper is like, commando status, with incredible technology and heavy weaponry at his disposal. Same with Bounty Hunters. Even the original films have showed us that bounty hunters are a match for Jedi, so the idea that one Jedi is significantly better than one is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:25 am

It was always exaggerated about how much time it took to become a jedi. It just took a long time to become a good jedi. They had a great system too. You went around to POI (points of interest) on planets to become force attuned. The POI's consisted of reference to things that happened in the movies, In example; the escape pod C3-PO and R2-D2 crashed landed on Tatooine, the Sarlaac pit, Jabba's palace, etc...). Obviously you couldn't do that for this game cause this is set in the past from SWG, but something similar would be cool. You needed to visit the majority of the POI's on a few planets before becoming fully force attuned. They even had a cool way to check attunment, you would type /force into the chat command and it would give you a read out based on how many POI's you have visited. Once you become force attuned you could start studying Jedi techniques. You were extremely shitty when starting out as a jedi, it takes a long time to become good. It didn't take me especially long to be come force attuned in that game.

Also the old SWG had a horrible combat system.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, hopefully starting at level 1 will genuinely mean you are a real shitfucker (like maybe you don't even get a lightsaber or any force powers for quite a while), and you have to earn any actual power.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Thats the way it was after SOE changed it. When you started as a Jedi you sucked ass, you were a basic melee character with no force powers or a lightsaber. You had to go through force adept stage, which was a lot of training before you could reach even the padawan stage and even then you didn't get a lightsaber.

I am not saying that the being able to choose a jedi from start in SOE's version was OP, it was just not as cool. I really liked the concept of having to earn force attunement. Plus it weeded down the Jedi gene pool to those who really earned it. Even though the starting stages of SOE's Jedi leveling also did that, the POI's thing was just so cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic   The Old Republic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Old Republic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chose One Making You Better Feeling :: Entertainment :: Video Games-
Jump to: