Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aion online. WoW Killer?????????

Go down 
+2
gh05tf0x
Kave Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Empty
PostSubject: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.aiononline.com/us/

All info mation all up in this bitch. Check it out? And let me hear your comments.

Everybody been telling me it probably will be the WoW killer.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:18 am

Is that game even out yet? I remember hearing about this shit at one of the last LAN's at Paradox's.

I highly doubt there will ever be a true WoW killer till maybe their next MMO. But I haven't heard anything about this game in months, maybe even years. So your guess is as good as mine.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Nothing can kill WoW ever, say even if a game were to take 50% of the play base you wouldn't be losing most of the Pros as well as sheer mass numbers keeping WoW up. At -50% the game would still have 5.5million people playing on a regular basis more then enough to support a true game.

As far as Blizz's next MMO will most likely be the only thing to rise close to it, WoW has set a precedent that will most likely not be broken until the game industry expands to include and even larger player base.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:35 am

KOTOR 3 will reign supreme!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:51 pm

A WoW killer has to be unlike WoW. That's the whole point. WoW was the herald of the second generation of modern MMOs, and it killed Everquest and all the games that had been made copying Everquest. Now, all mainstream MMOs are WoW or copies of WoW (think of how similar WAR is to WoW, for example, or AoC, or anything).

All we need is a new game to come out that is a truly great and inventive improvement on WoW, and then everything will copy that. I think KoTOR3 will be a fantastic game, but I don't expect it to be different enough from WoW to either kill WoW or match its numbers.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:21 pm

HisMajesty wrote:
I think KoTOR3 will be a fantastic game, but I don't expect it to be different enough from WoW to either kill WoW or match its numbers.

Yeah mean either, I just know that the game is going to be epic. Everyone here will play, or I will make you play.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I don't know now. After watching most of the trailers for the game I'm simply stunned. Its graphically amazing i honestly have no idea what to say. If the game play is as smooth as WoW with a good interface/UI I could easily see this gaining a huge player base as long as there is some sort of arena style thing in the game cause I have to have my pvp e-peen.
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 am

Im just gonna wait and see. I probably will end up buying it. I might get bored of it fast. Or its deep fantasy world will probably grasp me. I may never know till it comes out.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:42 pm

OFFICIALLY DECLARED WOW KILLER

AT LEAST FOR THE HARDCORE MMO PLAYERS, A LARGE MAJORITY OF HARDCORES ARE LEAVING WORLD OF CASUALCRAFT

EDIT: YAY CAPS
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 am

lol no
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 am

Drake01 wrote:
OFFICIALLY DECLARED WOW KILLER

AT LEAST FOR THE HARDCORE MMO PLAYERS, A LARGE MAJORITY OF HARDCORES ARE LEAVING WORLD OF CASUALCRAFT

EDIT: YAY CAPS

Just because you're leaving World of Borecraft. Doesn't mean a "large majority" of people are going to as well. They will most likely just play Aion and say its not worth it and return to Borecraft.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 am

This happens every time a new MMO comes out. Some group of WoW players, be it PVPers, or PVEers, or casuals, or hardcores, will leave to play that for a month or two, then quit, and return.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Firstly: Smokey, I do actually know that a lot of people are leaving WoW to play Aion because

1. I know of entire guilds that are switching to Aion when it comes out.
2. I'm friends with a large part of the PvP arena community because of ArenaJunkies and past arena achievements

Secondly, HisMajesty, while I realize the leave and come back thing is usually extremely popular when a new games comes out, but as you said yourself a WoW killer will most likely be a MMO of the third generation which Aion is, Its the first fully support DX10 MMO, it also runs of the crygen engine. Aion is also completely revolutionary in the majority of its combat system combined with the level of customization and "awesome" a person can add to his/her character I honestly thing that Aion, especially with the hype its getting is in a position to dethrone WoW as the best MMO, not in number of players but in Fame/new age/revolution.

Also from ALL of the beta people and their reactions to the game, I honestly don't believe that if a MMO fan leaves WoW to play Aion that the will quit Aion to play WoW, this is not saying that people will not play both, but I do not feel that "quit-return" will be anywhere near as high of a percent as we saw with AoC/WHO.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 am

Aion is NOT anything like what I was talking about when I spoke of third generations, I've played the Beta. It's a neat game, and graphically gorgeous and the music is pretty cool, but it's still a WoW clone. It's simply not innovative or new enough to do to WoW what WoW did to EQ. That you would even bring up graphics at all annoys the fuck out of me because it implies that you've learned NOTHING in your tenure as a gamer.

EDIT: Also, Aion is not casual enough to beat WoW. It's a fucking Kern game and it's a fucking grindfest. Casuals don't like grindfests.

EDIT2: Sorry, guys. Cataclysm just shut Aion the fuck down.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am

I am definitely going to check Aion out, at least for a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aion online. WoW Killer?????????   Aion online. WoW Killer????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion online. WoW Killer?????????
Page 1 of 1