Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Metal Gear Solid 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.E
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
Mr.E

Review: Metal Gear Solid 4 Empty
PostSubject: Review: Metal Gear Solid 4   Review: Metal Gear Solid 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a game many fans all over the world have been awaiting ever since MGS2's credits rolled in 2001. The long awaited sequel to MGS2 (MGS3 was a prequel) is finally here, and it was something I thought of every day for 3 years ever since it was announced in 2005.

I can say with great confidence that the Metal Gear Solid series is the best ever. It's my favourite game of all time and one that has had affects on me in my life. If movies can affect a person then Metal Gear can definetely do that.

Metal Gear Solid was a work of art, I never thought any game would surpass it. Metal Gear Solid 2 was a sequel and even though we played as Raiden it had a good and adrenaline pumping setting (The Big Shell). Metal Gear Solid 3 was just a beautiful game, with great commentary about the Cold War era and how people's lives were then.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the Game of the Year, no question about it. There doesn't seem to be anymore games coming up that can surpass it.

Here is an honest review by someone who has followed the Metal Gear Solid series since 1998.

Graphics: 10/10.
The game looks beautiful visually. All of the areas look amazing, especially Shadow Moses and the Middle Eastern city. The landscape is so well done that at some points you think it is auctually real. The sky is just amazing and the way the environment and setting looks is just incredible. The Character models look like real people and you can even feel sorry, happy or angry at some of them. The texture is smooth and sharp.

Sound: 10/10.
The sound is simply incredible. Great voice actors, great surround sound and the sound really comes in handy while fighting the Gekko. It just surprised you when that Gekko that is hidden somewhere suddenly spots you and attacks. The soundtrack is just beautiful like the other games and the new Ipod feature is great to use in alot of situations especially if you like nostalgia. The sound is just exciting and adrenaline inspiring when you encounter the Beauty and Beast unit members as they can either scare the hell out of you, freak you out, make you feel sorry for them, make you mad and frustrated or even laugh. It's all psycologically.

Gameplay: 10/10.
The gameplay in Metal Gear Solid 4 is downright brilliant. You can either use Stealth and Cunning to get past enemies or go Trigger Happy (only on easier modes or if you have alot of Militia or Rebel members on your side). You control Snake so smoothly and it's very fun to use the MK.22 to scout ahead or even to use the Octocamo or engage in gun battles.

The Boss battles are just the best ever of any video game, and continues on from Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3's great boss battles, now using Dolby Digital 5.1 for enhanced psycological effects. The bosses are indepth too and you learn alot about them like the previous Metal Gear Solid games. You get to pilot a Metal Gear in this game, while just feels great. There are so many guns and weapons and customizations that you'll have so much fun just with that. To customize your weapon you need to gain "Drebin Points" which will be explained in great detail in the game itself. You can change your appearance as well, from Young Snake with a Bandanna to MGS1 Snake, all with the Octocamo.

Story: 10/10.
The story in this game especially is very emotional and great. All 3 of the previous ones were unbelievable, using great script, drama, plot twists, voice acting and settings. I won't spoil the story for you, but just to let you know this game reveals all the secrets from the previous Metal Gear games in addition to being fantastic.

Replayability: 10/10.
Since the Drebin Points, items, uniforms and dolls that you obtain on previous playthroughs transfer into new ones, it will feel fresh starting the game over again numerous times. You can start unlocking all the weapons, beating the game on all of it's difficulties and trying to understand the interesting story even more.

Effects on other games:

Probably every game you play after Metal Gear Solid 4, that is not a Metal Gear game will feel obsolete and you will not want to play them anymore especially when you find out how fun Metal Gear is. If you are a normal person then I guarantee you'll love Metal Gear Solid 4 and start caring about the Storyline of games and not become desperate enough to invest your valuable money in mindless games such as Halo.

BUY this game and DO NOT rent it as you will want to play it alot, and have urges to. The game itself is just a masterpiece and having the gamecase and disc alone are enough glory for anyone.

My score. 11/10
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: Review: Metal Gear Solid 4   Review: Metal Gear Solid 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Mr.E wrote:
The game itself is just a masterpiece and having the gamecase and disc alone are enough glory for anyone.

I contemplated just purchasing the game just so I could marvel at its awesomeness.

I need a PS3 sofa king badly.
Back to top Go down
Mr.E
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
Mr.E

PostSubject: Re: Review: Metal Gear Solid 4   Review: Metal Gear Solid 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:02 am

like i said. you can come over anytime and watch me play it. (you cant play, but you can watch me play it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Metal Gear Solid 4   Review: Metal Gear Solid 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review: Metal Gear Solid 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chose One Making You Better Feeling :: Entertainment :: Video Games-
Jump to: