Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fringe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Return of Wot
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
The Return of Wot

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 am

Anyone enjoy this show, I have seen all the episodes so far, I enjoy it, but I more enjoy the earlier episodes, I am wondering where this is going with the next couple episodes since the kick start of the season last thursday. Anyone else find the science related to this subject, or even the plot to be kinda interesting. If you have not seen this you should go check this out.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm in love with this show. I think that its a extremely bad ass version of Xfiles with cooler "fringe" science. You've seen all of the first season correct? If you do you then know the story line and its clear where they will take it with Olivia's involvement in the group and the pattern. I won't comment further until you post again and tell me which ones you've seen.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:08 am

I want to see this show but have yet to put forth the effort in "renting" and watching it.
Back to top Go down
The Return of Wot
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
The Return of Wot

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:07 am

Well I have seen all of the episodes except the one about to come on in 16 min. As far as the storyline goes, this is just the beginning to some understanding of a war (which has yet to be really be explained). First, the hunt was on for William Bell, now the hunt is on for Olivia Dunham's memory of the meeting with William. Eventually, I think the show will feature time travel, that will probably deal with the mystery guy. I wanna say that the older Peter Bishop will send the Mystery Guy (Bald Dude) from the future to the past to help his father--Walter Bishop--in the Fringe Department to discover the motive of the "war" (which has yet to be announced). Other than that I love the science ideas that they present, although, I feel like they have been lacking in that department lately.

Just watch the show online, for free, they have all the episodes there.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Renting was in quotes for a reason brah. I have a membership to aXXo videos.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Ya, the war is a war between universes. Walter Bishop knows all about the war and ZFT because hes the father of the ideas behind it. His typewriter was the one that wrote the ZFT manuscript. The mystery guy is called The Observer. William Bell is Walters Old lab partner he is neither a good nor bad guy. He's actually working to prevent the inter-dimensional l war, and if he can't recruit more so his side wins. Hes actually in a different dimension where the 911 attacks never happened. But, agreed the real reason that show rocks is the idea behind fringe sciences.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 am

I have watched all the the first season and have just started in on the second. I find the concepts and show to be quite entertaining. The problem, which is starting to occur less, is everybody besides Walter Bishop's acceptance of new fringe science situations. I mean Robert Jones teleported out of prison with a machine Walter designed to relocate people from anywhere and time. People in the show, especially Peter Bishop, need to stop thinking so fundamentally and getting their panties in a bunch everytime something is not congurent with the laws of science. I mean if they have the technology to transport matter through time and space nothing should seem impossible, improbable, or unlikely anymore.

I am just tired of when something different is introduced whether it be pyrokinesis or transmographication or whatever, everyone tries to revert back to thinking that the standard laws of science apply. Walter is really the only character that is proactive after being presented with a new situation or scientific puzzle.

The same goes for Peter's doubt in his father, which is also waning as the show progresses but there should be none at this point. Walter may be a bit estranged but he really hasn't ever been wrong or unable to explain/fix a situation.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fringe   Fringe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fringe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chose One Making You Better Feeling :: Entertainment :: Movies And Television-
Jump to: