Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What ever happened to Stronghold?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Return of Wot
I Has A Star
I Has A Star

PostSubject: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I recently repurchased stronghold 1: Crusader (expansion), and I still am amazed at the amount of innovation applied to that game, instead of a lot of the new RTS' that feature all the same UI's and map scheme and basically the same game with a diff story line. The people at Firefly managed to do wonders with stronghold 1 in that they mixed the right amount of castle sim with a regular RTS, and... (this is the important part) they did it from small business stand point with low funding. After amping up a lot of press in magazines and forums alike with the Stronghold release and subsequent fanatical uprising (of which I partook, selling copies of the original in 7th grade for $3 a pop), Firefly later went on to make Stronghold 2 (and if some of you guys remember correctly) which failed horribly. When you started the game, it had an autorun UI that initiated before the start of the game which allowed you to control the display settings, sound, etc. On High graphics the game wouldn't even run on my machine back in sophomore year, and on low setting, it looked like I was on lego island when I should have been killing kings and constructing massive strongholds to fend off huge aggregates of knights and archers, with guts exploding open on the battle field from catapault fire as I watch my enemies troops take their last breaths.

Game developers seem to lack the creativity when the money is right and random appiritions of creativity seem to only be sparked when a little pinching is forced on developer pockets. I find it crazy that in society $8 billion is wasted a year on mindless drudgery while people are at work (i.e. coffee break arcade, this site that I am on while at work lol, etc) and also that people will forsake innovation for comfort. America as a whole needs people these days who are not blinded by the greed nor the vanity that many people exemplify in this world. Look at what is possibly at stake here and people will soon learn that it isn't just about the games, its about saving a Renaissance and possibly our own necks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:11 am

I saw the wall of text and i was like..oh lord. Long story short, i have no idea sir. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 am

<---Lost interest when 2 cameded out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Return of Wot
I Has A Star
I Has A Star

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:59 pm

yeah of course you did cause it sucked asshole, it says that in the txt..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:29 pm

"tl;dr"

Story of Tweedle Dum's life.

Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:29 am

I just wanted to say that agian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Return of Wot
I Has A Star
I Has A Star

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Anyone got any info on other RTS' that are worth my time? (until i find out that this world is just one big holodeck or The Matrix I still only have 1 life to live. So please don't waste my time with: AoE3 or anyother game with the same UA or basic map set up/win condition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:42 pm

C&C3 is pretty run of the mill, but I like it. Avoid Supreme Commander like the plague. And to tell you the truth, I haven't played a new good RTS in god knows how long. Seriously, I am tempted to say Frozen Throne was the last one. Universe at War looks cool, but I haven't played it.

I Has A Star
I Has A Star

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:47 am

Yeah for sure, I still remember all those RTS' back in the day that we were pre-cumming just waiting for them... and now that they are out, they drop to $30 market in no time (the general rule of knowing a bad game, but not quite always, for, we know the gayness that exists in america (and yeah i didn't capitalize america..... thats because we are a fuckin joke! time to move to CANADA!!!!!) today)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 am

Canada is for quitters and neutrals.

Zapp: "I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me."

I Has A Star
I Has A Star

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Well what do you expect from a country full of potheads and 19 year old drunks? absolutely nothing.... lol. That is why that place is so fuckin awesome. Also I love camping, I want to go there and check out there forest. They have some of the least touched forests in the world (you would call them old growth forests).. It is quite different than the majority of forests in America, there are little examples of it left in America. And you sicken me gh05tf0x!!!...... and yes, you may mount now... I'm waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Stronghold?   

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to Stronghold?
Page 1 of 1