Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:37 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-assassins-creed/50252

My pussy is totally dripping wet right now.

I love how the entire audience goes "Whooa!" when he double-stealth kills the guards. Also, targetting enemies for a leap-kill off of roofs is FANTASTIC. That was a huge issue I had with one of the assassinations in AC1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 am

I cant wait, they last one left such a cliff hanger. At the end of the first one I was really digging on where the story was going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thinker
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Reverend
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Humm, surprising, I thought they would have picked a different ancestor to carry on the story, seeing as how it is left open to be able to explore ANY of the important people they he could be from. Anyways, this game looks fucking sick and I can simply can not wait to play it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thinker
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 pm

What? That's not Alta´r. Did you even listen to what the guy was saying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Yeah, it is a different ancestor entirely, but I see where if you weren't listening you can easily make that mistake. He doesn't look different enough. Not that that's really a problem because I think he looks like a bad ass, but I was kind of hoping for something a little less similar though. I'm talkin' Ninja or something futuristic or fucking something different. The choices are pretty endless, yet they waste it on the Italian Renaissance.

I'm starting to have a big problem with Game Designers. Is it just me or do they seem extremely uncreative and close minded these days? Like they don't even play video games themselves, they just make them. I get that feeling a lot, they always leave out key features or add something they thought would be cool but always plays out like crap in practice. I just don't understand it.

Most of them definitely don't test their games enough.

I'm still looking forward to AC2, but not as much as I would if they would have been a little more creative with it.

is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Hold on here. In any other case, ANY OTHER CASE, I would agree with you. Game designers are DEFINITELY getting uncreative and formulaic and all that jazz.

That said, the entire point of Assassin's Creed is exploring the past, and real-world conspiracy theories that tie in to the present (namely, anything to do with the Illuminati). East Asia had little, if anything, to do with the Illuminati. Additionally, it wouldn't make any sense for Desmond, who is clearly a direct descendant of the Assassins (it is stated several times in AC1 that his immediate parents were Assassins, so it's not like it's even been several generations since he broke off) to have a Japanese ancestor who was a Ninja.

If it went into the future, it would simply be making everything up, which could be fun, sure, but it's missing the point of the series, and wouldn't really make sense in the "observing genetic memories of the past through the Animus" setting. I think the Italian Renaissance is a brilliant pick, better even than the Crusades, as the Italian Renaissance is a time period LOADED with Illuminati-style conspiracy shit.

You're thinking of AC as a game that's just "Assassinating targets", but it's a lot deeper than that, and that is why I love the fuck out of it. I absolutely love conspiracy type shit, like Deus Ex, and this is right up my alley, and AC2 is doing what it's supposed to -- continue Desmond's progress with uncovering past secrets, presumably in order to help fight against the modern day Illuminati.

So, again, I agree that in general game designers are getting lazy, but I do not think the AC team is, at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree with HisMajesty. The whole point of the series as it is implied in the first one and what I have read online is this; Desmond experiences life through his assassin ancestor's and as he progresses through more of their lives, Desmond in the present starts to pick up their abilities. Eventually I think it will be in the present and you will play Desmond as some super assassin in the now kicking ass and taking names. If you look at the drawings on the floor at the end of the first game there are references to Eastern cultures and there could be a possible ninja type ancestor in his past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I guess that makes sense. But I am just really sick of all the Medieval/Renaissance stuff. It seems to be all that European and American developers like to put out.

And I guess the story just isn't that interesting to me. I like the game itself more then I like the plot.

And where is Desmond now on the time line? I can't really recall, but it looked hella futuristic to me, so I assumed he would have at least one ancestor that was probably an assassin during a more futuristic time then modern day as we know it.

AC is cool, and AC2 will probably be even better, but this is another reason why I tend to like Japanese games over the rest because they are more out there and original.

is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 pm

The Japanese are always testing the bounds of creativity (like Wii's pulse sensor). I also think that the developers of AC no they can make lots of money with more of the same. Its that train of though, "if the first one was good lets make the second similar." Which is good cause it keeps fans happy but I hope I am not playing AC15 and am somewhere in colonial America.

I think maybe that Desmond is not that far in the future from us. I think the corporation that had him was just very secret and very advanced. They still had machine guns and what not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thinker
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:51 pm

It says in the game what the date is. I think it's like 2029? Not far enough in the future for him to have any ancestor that is hyper advanced.

EDIT: Wait, no, it's September 2012. The entire game is centering around the whole December 2012 "end of the world prophecy" shit in like the Mayan calendars and Nostradamus and all that shit.

EDIT2:
"The messages all deal with various forms of the end of the world from different cultures, including several references to the date December 21, 2012, a date that Abstergo plans to launch a satellite that will "permanently end the war"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed#Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Doomsday_prediction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck   

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed 2 holy fuck
Page 1 of 1