Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Considering..

Go down 
+2
gh05tf0x
Digital Jedi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:38 am

Well, I'm considering on getting a laptop. Just curious on what you guys think on what should i get.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Just as long as it has a great Wireless Card, 256+MB Video Card, at least 2GB of RAM, 120+GB of Hard Drive space, and a 2.0Ghz Dual Core Processor, it should be fine. Just so it doesn't become ancient too fast. As far as brands go, I know you can get HP's for a lot less with the same quality as anything else.

And I would suggest trying to get XP Pro on it instead of Vista. Vista is a resource hog to the max.
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Yea i was thinking of getting a 512MB Video card, 4GB of RAM, 350GB Hard Drive, and a 2.5GHz Dual Core Processor. But this is kinda an iffy kinda deal, don't know what means more a laptop or a ipod/zune.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Laptop means way more then an Ipod/Zune, costs a lot more that is for sure, especially if you are looking at those kind of specs.
Back to top Go down
StageNinja91
Mega Newb
Mega Newb
StageNinja91

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:01 am

yea, get a laptop over an ipud any day. either get a laptop n be able to have your music on it n also do other shit, or get an ipod n just have your music on it
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:08 am

See this is what it comes down to, i get an ipod/zune and use it for my archives of music OR i get the laptop and waste all that money just use it for gaming/pr0n/etc. and staying inside my house way more then i do already...

Most definitely i'm getting the laptop but thats going to push me back 1600-1800$ right there...Now if i got that ipod/zune, it will just push me back couple hundred and i'll be content until i rack up the money for teh 1337 laptop.

Iono what means more....money...or...wasting money...either way...still fun shit.
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:36 am

Sorry for comming in late in this convo. But I would prefer a laptop, because you can obviously carry that thing around: someones house, Starbooks. WiFi is easy to find now a days. Like my house for example. I don't have a password on my thing but who cares right? You can carry music on it and etc. Yada yada yada. If you get on with a camera then you got yourself a gettho camera. You can plug it in almost everywhere to charge, even a car. Yada yada yada. You can play games while your on road trips, you can bring dvds. Blah blah blah. But its obviously your choice. If you want a pod/zune for music and watching pronz when your trying to hide in a small spot. Then get a pod/Zune.
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:45 am

I've considered that, but take this into a note. A laptop is a pretty hefty piece of machine to carry around, I'm not saying weight wise im saying value wise. Yea yea i can take it out to some place with WiFi and chillax there. But that's like carrying around 1600$ in your bag/hands/pants/ etc.

It's like buying a really nice sports/luxury car and leaving it in the driveway because you have too much crap inside your garage.

Don't get me wrong here, yea having the laptop and doing all that kind of shit would be epic, but you gotta think if it's really worth it.\

As for the ipod/zune, thats just to keep me occupied when I'm out or doing stuff

i.e: saving up for that beast laptop
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:55 am

Haha. Well its all up to you. But yeah I did think about that. I just didn't think if i were in your place. I have a little Ipod nano so yeah. But thinking about it.....I would kinda go with a pod/zune and save up somemore.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 am

Who the fuck are we kidding, it's Zune 2.0 or Laptop. Not Ipod/Zune or Laptop.
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:25 am

True dat nug rat
Back to top Go down
Kave Man
Grunt
Grunt
Kave Man

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 am

Sorry sorry my fault....I don't have a Zune so i wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:44 pm

Tweedle Dum wrote:
Sorry sorry my fault....I don't have a Zune so i wouldn't know.

Just know that they are "making you better feeling."
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:55 am

justinn wrote:
Yea i was thinking of getting a 512MB Video card, 4GB of RAM, 350GB Hard Drive, and a 2.5GHz Dual Core Processor. But this is kinda an iffy kinda deal, don't know what means more a laptop or a ipod/zune.

What the fuck? Epic Deja Vu? I remember this discussion from the old boards. Not exactly this, but it was someone discussing how they want a laptop but might get an iPod/Zune instead.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:09 am

Hmmmm :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Considering.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering..   Considering.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Considering..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chose One Making You Better Feeling :: Technology :: Computers-
Jump to: