Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl   Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:44 pm

So I just downloaded this game recently and tried it out last night before bed.

It's fucking tight as fuck.

It's set in "The Zone", an area around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. The idea is that a second nuclear accident occurred and really fucked shit up in this area. So you're this dude with story-convenient amnesia who goes and does shit trying to remember who he is.

The important part, however, is that the graphics are gorgeous, and most importantly, the game is like Morrowind. Which is to say, you start in this little camp, and then you can pretty much go wherever the fuck you want. It's totally non-linear. You can go around, get some missions, fuck some dudes up, go explore, find some mutants to fuck up, or try to make some cash selling supplies to camps in the shittier areas.

The closer you get to the center of The Zone the worse and more intense shit gets. There's all kinds of shit to explore, like abandoned factories and shit.

Finally, almost all the characters in the game have Russian accents, and Russian accents are tight as hell.

The game is apparently also very moddable, and lots and lots of fucking cool sounding mods are available to fuck with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
is a G
is a G

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl   Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 pm

I remember the Fox and I considering this game when it first came out. It was bugged as all hell though. It looked tight though, I am glad they fixed it. I might have to give it a download now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl   Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah, I followed this game for a long time, then I played it when it finally came out and it was a major let down. The shooting was really shitty, but obviously the patches fixed all the little bugs.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/271-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl   

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -- Shadow of Chernobyl
Page 1 of 1