Chose One Making You Better Feeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chose One Making You Better Feeling

A Forum for General Technology and Entertainment interests as well as a section for Off Topic chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HisMajesty Kills Time Outside

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Empty
PostSubject: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 pm

So I figured some measure of my free time at home should be spent exercising or something, and I could use the tan, so I'm going to start biking random places for like an hour a day.

In this thread I will catalog my adventures. My first trip went exactly like this:

Google Maps Link, really fucking long URL.

EDIT: It should be noted that when I got to PCH, I actually went to the bike path on the Beach and rode that all the way up, I just can't put the Google Maps trail on there.
Back to top Go down
TopHatCat
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
TopHatCat

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 am

i was thinking of the same thing, only instead of biking, i would be running. Biking sounds fun too though, i just need a bike...
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:30 am

Running is extremely bad for you. High impact exercise: no es bueno. Do it for a few years and you'll have really fucked up knees and hips and shit.
Back to top Go down
TopHatCat
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
TopHatCat

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:37 pm

this is true, but with the proper equipment/posture, this damage can be minimized.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:09 am

No, it cannot. What equipment is there for running? Good luck finding someone who has been running for a few years who doesn't have joint or bone problems. I'm constantly hearing from my chick friends who think running is the only exercise worth doing that they were literally told by a doctor to stop or in a few years their bones would be brittle as shit.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
is a G
is a G
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 am

He means proper shoes, and it takes more than "a few" years for running damage to set in.

And Angel aren't you Mexican, cant you just steal a bike?
Back to top Go down
Digital Jedi
Resident Nigguh
Resident Nigguh
Digital Jedi

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:56 am

Why must Paradox bring the racial card in? That's not cool man, just not cool.

Any how, I get enough dam exercise skateboarding everywhere...If only I had video footage of my skateboard adventures... You would be amazed.
Back to top Go down
gh05tf0x
Cyber Samurai
gh05tf0x

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 am

Paradox brings this up because he is a Klan member, I thought everyone knew that by now.

Second, there is a lot of Technique required to running properly. My Dad went through a big thing about this, but he can't run because his spine is fucked up. Apparently when it comes to running, a lot of people are doing it wrong. Not saying that running isn't going to fuck you up in the long run (pun intended), but it does takes a while for it to really settle in.

I am also in favor of this thread, I like reading about such adventures and seeing it visually. And I want to see how long you can really keep this up.

I on the other hand need to start recording some adventures of my own.
Back to top Go down
Thinker
is a G
is a G
Thinker

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Yes proper form will delay the onset of problems, but it's still inevitable.
Back to top Go down
TopHatCat
I Has A Star
I Has A Star
TopHatCat

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:44 am

The reason why runners are injured or suffer consequences is becouse they dont know how to run properly. about 50% of people do not run properly. running is very risky but done in moderation with proper running shoes, insoles and procedures can greatly lower any risk.

here is the proper way to run:

1) Breathing - Take big, deep inhalations and exhalations similar to the way you yawn. This will help you receive the oxygen your body needs. Too many people breathe too shallow when they run, causing a hyperventilation effect. Slow down the running pace if you need to, but concentrate on your breathing.

2) Stride and Heel / Toe Contact - Open your stride to a point where you will land on the bottom of your heel (closer to the ball of your foot) and roll across your foot, pushing off the ground with your toes. Many people run flat footed or on their toes causing stress on their lower back, hips, knees and ankles. You can eliminate this by following the simple Audio Test. If you can hear your feet hitting the ground when you run, then you are running wrong. It should sound like your shoes are rolling on the ground quietly. Comfortable running shoes will also aid in prevention of injuries.

3) Arm Swing - You should have a relaxed arm swing but very pronounced. Swing your hands from about chest high to just past your hips. The term "hip to lip" is a good way to remember this when you are running. Your arms should be slightly bent but not flexed. Run limp wristed. It is impossible to flex your arms with a limp wrist.

4) Relaxed Upper body - You should relax your fists, arms, shoulders, and face. Too many people clinch their fists and grit their teeth when they run. This causes the oxygenated blood that you need to go to your legs to also go to your upper body. The only things that need to be working when you are running are your "Lungs and your Legs."

5) Start slowly and warm up - Do not stretch your legs until you have warmed up your body by jogging or biking slowly for about 5-10 minutes. Run every other day if you are just beginning and only add mileage to your run as you feel comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HisMajesty Kills Time Outside   HisMajesty Kills Time Outside Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HisMajesty Kills Time Outside
Page 1 of 1